Want a steady flow of income? Affiliate marketing is the best way to make money online. You can earn extra income by monetizing your blog or website with an Affiliate program. Affiliate marketing is a practice where companies reward the affiliates for the sale made by them.
There are many companies that provide affiliate marketing services. I began experimenting with different companies like CJ, Clickbank, Google AdSense, and Amazon Associates etc. Of these, Amazon affiliate program has provided me a steady income stream. Today, Amazon’s affiliate program is my #1 income stream.
What is an Amazon Affiliate Program?
Amazon affiliate program is a platform to promote products of other companies that pay a commission every time a sale is made through your link. Amazon associate, mother of affiliate marketing programs is a reliable solution to make money online.
How does Amazon Affiliate work?
The Amazon affiliate program works on simple ethics and includes 3 stages where you get money. All you need to do is –
- Join Amazon affiliate program
- Advertise their products on your blog/website
- Earn commissions from the purchase made via Amazon links
Choose a profitable niche and promote it. Some of the profitable niches are – home decoration, sports, automotive parts, and apparels. Remember that every niche has some competition and you must promote it in a better way.
How to Make Money with Amazon Affiliate Program?
Amazon affiliate program is one of the various ways to make money online. Individuals can earn by promoting products online and earn a decent commission from the sales. Usually, the products are sold via web traffic and money is made from the sales of products promoted.
The first thing to do is to join Amazon affiliate program and select products you wish to sell. You will get a referral code in the form of banner ads and text links, which you can use for referring traffic.
You just need to copy and paste the code into your website. And if the purchase is made through your link, you will get a commission. Your performance is tracked by the sellers through your ID.
Remember that Amazon affiliate marketing is not a scheme that makes you rich in a short period. You should not expect to earn millions instantly. if you want to earn from Amazon affiliate marketing, you first should know how it works.
How much Money can you make from affiliate marketing?
Well, this is a million dollar industry and you can make huge amount with Amazon affiliate marketing. Initially, you will get a commission of around 4% for each sale. You can earn a hooping commission of 8% per sale if you can manage to sell more products.
Let us assume that your blog/website receives 1000 visitors per day. And CTR is around 5%, making 50 visitors to visit Amazon every day. If you make 2-3 sales per day. The sales for the entire month will be around 60-90 products, giving you a decent amount of Rs 25,000 approximately.
What percent do you get with Amazon Affiliate?
Amazon offers volume-based fee structure to affiliates. The more are the products shipped from your affiliate link, the more commission you will earn.
Go to the below table to know about the commission on some of their products.
You can check full advertising fee structure Associates Program Advertising Fee Schedule
Steps for Amazon affiliate program Sign up
To earn money through Amazon affiliate program, you need a blog or website where you can promote Amazon products and earn a commission based on every sale. Go through the step-by-step guide given below to make money from Amazon affiliate program.
Step 1 – Build a website/blog
If you already have a website, you can leave this step. If you are unsure how to do that, here are some steps to build a website.
- Learn basic HTML to start building a website. It will help you reduce the cost and gives you more flexibility. There are tons of HTML tutorials online that help you learn the basics of HTML.
- After you are done with your website, choose your niche. Talk about the products that you find interesting.
- Pick a domain name and register your domain. Registering a domain for a year would cost you around $5 to $10.
- Set up web hosting with minimum features, as you may not require advanced features at the initial level. You should be finding hosting for as little as $5 per month, depending on the service provider.
Step 2 – Sign Up for Amazon affiliate program
The next step is to sign up for Amazon affiliate program. Check details like – what products are eligible, how you will be paid etc.
- Sign up for Amazon affiliate program by filling the name, email address, phone number, and password. Fill the bank details and payment mode.
- The next step is to provide the details of your website you are going to post Amazon affiliate links.
- Next is to verify your website.
- Take a look at the products available and integrate few relevant products into your blog posts. Capture links to the products you want to post with the help of Amazon Site Stripe.
- Make use of new opportunities highlighted from Amazon to make most of their affiliate program. Keep an eye on seasonal promotions and stay updated with the program.
Step 3 – Post informative and quality content
This is an important step that helps you drive traffic to your website. Post seasonal content with Amazon affiliate links.
- There are tons of sites to look out for fresh content ideas. Make sure that the content you post is relevant to the product. It should be informative and catch the attention of readers.
- Adopt SEO practices to optimize content and drive traffic. Some of the popular SEO practices include – appropriate keywords, short URLs, backlinks, meta tags, meta description, alt tags etc.
- One of the most common mistakes that people make is to copy the content from other sites. Do not do this, as searching engines red flag such sites.
- Get links and banners to your site. If you have home decoration blog, you can create a page called “Recommended products”. There are endless opportunities, as there are thousands of products in different categories.
- Monetize the site to a great extent using Amazon affiliate links. Start linking the products with Amazon affiliate user id and make some money.
Step 4 – Increase Amazon affiliate profits
The next step is to drive huge traffic to your website/blog to increase Amazon affiliate profits. Posting informative content on a regular basis will attract search engines.
- Remember that the Amazon affiliate links that are activated by the user remain active for 24 hours. Fresh links will get more chances to earn money.
- Make your own recommendations every month, as they are valuable to you and your readers.
- Enable social shares from email, include click to tweet links in your text emails, provide links in your blog etc to increase chances of social sharing. You can even use community forums to promote your website.
- Making money online is not as easy as you think. Remember sending visitors to Amazon doesn’t guarantee earnings, What you should worry about is converting visitors into money.
I hope this tutorial was helpful in setting up Amazon affiliate account. To become an Amazon affiliate, sign up using the link – Amazon. If you face any problem signing up for Amazon Affiliate Program, do let us know by commenting below!