Till now, Keeping the email back up worked, but now there is such information on the Whatsapp, which is very important to back up. Let’s know how to backup Whatsapp Chat
Backup on android
- On the main interface of the app, there will be three points on the right side. Tap on them.
- Go to Settings then go to Chats. Now tap on chat backups. Here you will find the option to set up Google Drive. On this page, Google Drive settings will appear at the bottom.
- Tap Backup to Google Drive. You can set backup time here. You will have options like Daily, Weekly, and Monthly.
4. Then tap on ‘Chose an Account’. Here you can decide which Gmail account you want the backup.
5. The first option will be the default mail id which was used to install Android device. If you want, you can also use a different email ID. You have to tap on the add account for this and follow instructions
6. Now you can decide on which type of internet connection you want to use for backup. Just like Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi + Cellular
7. In backup settings, you also have the option to backup the video. You can also make a backup of videos that are on the Whatsapp app by tapping on Include Video.
Keep in mind that the backup data here is stored in your Google Drive account. It cannot be browsed by browsing as a drive client. An internal backup is also made on the phone. You can keep a backup in the phone’s internal storage by tapping on the backup first. But the backup of the phone will be deleted as soon as the data is deleted.
Backup on IoS Device
Users who use Whatsapp on iPhone can also make backups similarly. Open Whatsapp on iOS. Then go to Settings and go to Chat Settings. Here’s the option of Chat Backup. The ability to make backups in iOS is on Icloud.
When you change handset
If you want to use Whatsapp on your new mobile phone and also want to see the old chat on it, then you get the option of restore on Whatsapp. While doing so, Whatsapp will ask you whether you want to use Wi-Fi data or cellular. It’s better to restore on Wi-Fi data only. Keep in mind that you have to sign on to another Android device with the same Google Account on which you backed up the Whatsapp app.
Please share the info if you liked it.